www.flickr.com
Algape's photos More of Algape's photos
} -->

A mildy interesting account of things in the life of someone who used to pretend to be a student.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Art. It's great (maybe)

Despite the severe lack of support for possibly the funniest video in the world (see last post), I'm gonna press on and hope people are still reading.

Last week was just as busy as the previous two, and my body finally decided that it couldn't be bothered to keep my immune system running, so I came down with a really heavy cold, or light flu, depending on which way you look at it. Either way, it wasn't nice, and was at its worst on Wednesday, the busiest day of all when we went to St Andrews. This was an awesome trip - 21 students turned up to do an action group and were all really excited about it. I got to go with a friend, Mikaela, and share the gospel with one of her friends, who was really interested and has since gone out and bought the Passion of the Christ! I can't wait to go back!

Friday I also got to find out what a real job is like. I spent 8 hours in front of a computer trying to publish new Action Group material, and I hated it. 8 hours of work, and 4 completed training session. Not exactly a high production rate. That's what you get for working on a Mac.

Had an awesome weekend though - really relaxing. Watched lots of films, had a huge poker night with 16 folk crammed into our flat and even got some culture by going to the National Gallery. Despite my raging cynicism and derision of the subjectivity of art, I actually quite enjoyed myself. I went with a girl who does a history of art degree, and although its a slackers course, she managed to make it quite an interesting experience. I learnt all about the problems artists and architects had with the dome at the cathedral in Florence and all about how artists used to use brown canvas instead of white (which apparently makes it much easier). Super. In fact I'm feeling so cultural, I'm off to see the Andy Warhol exhibition at the modern art exhibition later this week!

Apologies for the lack of interesting of controversial thoughts. I will think up something inflammatory for the next time. Whilst your waiting take a look at the pretty picture of sunrise I took in Dundee 10 days ago, and the pretty snow which was falling down my street 10 minutes ago!


River Tay at Sunrise


more pretty sunrise

Snow on Spottiswoode Road

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the commander of Team America is called Spottiswoode... Although I could be wrong. Still dont know when my exams are so i'll have to keep u waiting about Davey C Band im afraid.

Anonymous said...

.

Anonymous said...

Two days of snow and until now it wasn't very white. Now the big town of E-burg is covered in a white blanket. Pertty but brrr.