www.flickr.com
Algape's photos More of Algape's photos
} -->

A mildy interesting account of things in the life of someone who used to pretend to be a student.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Elephant water polo?


Yesterday, driving to the airport to pick someone up I didn't know, I saw the most amazing thing - an old man riding a penny farthing. For those of you who are moderately uneducated, this is probably the first ever type of bicycle to be made and frankly, looks ridiculous. I emerged from this experience with two questions.

1. The man was not wearing a helmet, only a traditional Scottish bunnet. Why? Surely he had much further to fall than a regular bike user, and therefore the speed with which his head hit the ground would be much harder, making the utilisation of an appropriate helmet a rather sensible idea.

2. How on earth do they avoid toppling over when they have to stop at traffic lights? The distance from saddle to ground is greater than the length of the riders legs, and unless the rider is Inspector Gadget, their legs wont reach without serious crotch damage.


In other news, yesterday I went to see the film Crash and cried more than I ever have in recent times. Its funny, coming out of these films that make you feel exhausting, you can say it was a great film, but never really say you enjoyed it. Do I enjyo crying and being put through an emotional whirlwind? No. BUt will I do that to myself again? Of course. Why? I don't really know. I suck at emotional psychology.

And for Brittneys benefit, yesteray I picked some crap off my floor. I'm getting there...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good man al. good man. can't wait to catch you on messenger. i've got a picture on with you in mind.

ho ho ho.

Anonymous said...

Hey I saw Crash and loved that movie too. What a good film. Good for evangelistic conversations. If you guys pull out another NVision group use it!

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the movie observation. I love movies that leave me all messed up, confused, but with a stange feeling of clear challenge.