www.flickr.com
Algape's photos More of Algape's photos
} -->

A mildy interesting account of things in the life of someone who used to pretend to be a student.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

When you're near, it all makes sense

Sunday was the last night in the festival, which culminates in classical concert and fireworks display, which half the town turns out for. Being the highly organised person that I am, I duly forgot my camera and then had to rely on my dogy memory to record what was easily the best fireworks display I have ever seen (including the couple of July 4th shows i've seen in America). It was flippin awesome. However, thanks to the genius of google images, I have managed to borrow a couple of pics of what it would have looked like (seeing as these pictures are from previous years, but apparently they don't change the show much). And I don't think these images are copyright!

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you have a Royal Bank of Scotland account, this is where your bacnk charges and interest (probably) goes! (And yes, it does look like the castle was on fire, which it did for most the night, but I'm reliably assured that it's ok).






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does look like its on fire. Now that the festival is over how are things?

Anonymous said...

alasdair - i still don't like the fact that you have left the wonderful xanga community, but i must admit that the quality of your entries has much improved since making the switch. so for that, i give u eprops. oh wait, no i can't, b/c this isn't xanga. oh well.

fireworks over the castle - now that looks cool! i saw my first major july 4th fireworks display in years this past summer in boston and they were quite spectacular, but i think having the castle there in edinburgh beats out any display in america. we're too young to have castles :(

i'll be back next month to catch up on all your posts :P

peace.
h

Anonymous said...

ok, i just meant that i don't visit your site often.. only, like... once a month :)

anyway, i've been to the Korea CCC conference. um. and let me just say. be prepared for some MAJOR culture shock. just keep an open mind and you'll have fun :D

if you pray for a benefactor to pay off all my debt (from uni) then i'll reconsider joining Agape again :) but the benefactor has to come through first! actually, i do miss it - the whole lifestyle and all the people. :(

Anonymous said...

whoa... that is so pretty... i like it.. is it every year?? maybe next year i can join you when i am back just a smidge under scotland.. :)

Anonymous said...

al-ass-dair--

get on that audit. i've got my room completely sorted. i'll take a picture and upload it for inspiration. no, no, don't thank me or buy me gifts. my pleasure.

Alasdair said...

My word....you said ASS!!!

Anonymous said...

I have really come to like the word Ass, but when I use it here in the states around Christians I get strange looks. That is what I told the team would happen, but no...we all went around using it and now I am a heathen.....